Surfboard Rentals-Costa Rica Surfshop-Use Surfboards for Sale-Channel Islands Surfboards Costa Rica-Firewire Surfboards-Ding Repair Shop in Tamarindo
* Follow the local laws at the beach you visit. Different beaches maintain different sets of laws (i.e. surf zones, surfing near jetties and piers etc.), so check with a lifeguard for relevant laws before you enter the water.
* Wear a leash. Not only is it a law at many beaches, but wearing a leash is an important way to keep your board close to you and to keep it from becoming a hazard to other surfers.
* Always aid a fellow surfer or swimmer if he/she encounters trouble in the water. The ocean is a dynamic environment and there are many safety hazards including rip currents. Should another surfer or swimmer encounter a problem, immediately offer assistance.
* Keep an eye out for changing weather conditions and always be aware of the dangers of sun exposure. Wear your sunscreen.
* Never surf in conditions above your ability level, if you are uncomfortable your will have a great risk of injury.
* If in doubt, ask a life guard, they are there to help and are our friends!