Expect to stand up and ride waves in the first hour!
On our surf courses not only learn about sea safety and wave formation, but also relish the challenge of learning a new skill in a natural environment.
* How to stand up correctly on the board
* How to position yourself on the softboard
* Paddle correctly
* Technical correction of the stance
* Speed while riding
* How to cach waves
* How to drop waves
* Turn to both sides
* Surf etiquette
* Read the waves
* How to choose the right board
* Are all fully ISA Certificate Instructors
* Have a minimun of 4 years of surfing experience and 2 years teaching experience
* Are bilingual
* Are CPR trained
* Have full area knowledge
* Our instructors have lifeguard instruction
* Our max. student ratio is 5:1
* We use a beach protected from big swells
* There is always first aid kit available during the lesson
* Our students have medical attention cover
The best way to get introduced into the world of surfing is through personalized private surf instruction, getting personalized expert surf instruction at one of the Best Costa Rica Surf Schools will guide you through the pitfalls and get you up and riding your own waves. You’ll get up on your first lesson, guaranteed. Surf lessons are 2 hours long, include all the equipment and they are broken into more and less experienced surfers so that the instruction can be tailored to the student’s skill level.
Progressive private surf classes available
Introduce your team or workmates to an original and exciting activity. Many multi-national companies and smaller businesses are understanding the corporate benefits of the corporate surf experience and return to us regularly. We can customize your experience and can cater for groups of up to 30 in number at once.
A group surfing course is an ideal way for everyone to share the thrill of surfing regardless of age, gender or previous experience. Whether you’re organizing a party of friends, work colleagues or students, learning to surf could well be the best thing you’ve ever done together!
Contact us for more info
Any cancellations within 48hrs of a lesson booking (or failing to show up) will incur a charge of $15 per person.